Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Old Friends

Not much of interest happened today. While it’s a federal holiday back in the states, it was a workday just like any other Monday in Iraq. I wonder, when I get home, if I can claim comp time for all the holidays that I worked…

I did have the opportunity on for totally separate and unrelated issues today to chat (either by phone or email) with some old friends… old being a relative term. I’ll say people I served with in Balad. It was nice talking about the “good old days” when we had our whole tour in front of us and the excitement of all the things we were going to do to change the world. As we draw closer to the end we’re all working on making sure the people replacing us will have a solid foundation to stand on, but looking ahead is mostly looking homeward.

1 comment:

theprez98 said...

It's close enough, you can begin counting the days now. Hope you get home soon and on time!