Saturday, January 20, 2007

Yet Another Blogger

I decided to spend a little quality time with Google and uncovered another blogger with JCCS-1. Like a significant number of our officers, he appears to be a pilot with a call sign of "Stimp." And according to his blog, My Desert Adventure, he likes to run a lot. At least he gets a lot of interesting blog entries from his (daily?) jaunts. Probably a lot more interesting than my updates on what TurboTax is telling me today.

Speaking of TurboTax, I realized today that my 5-year-old son has to file a tax return since his college fund yielded some nice (reinvested) dividends. At first I was annoyed at having to pay additional tax, but after crunching the numbers, it appears that since most of the amount was capital gains, which are taxed at a lower rate, including his income actually ended up saving us money! Go figure.

Anyway, I've added Stimp and Barbie's blogs to my blogroll link on the right! Go visit them and tell them how much you appreciate them being here. And know that I appreciate them (and all the incoming group) much more than any of you! Hah!

2 comments:

Logic & Reason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Me said...

Dan,

It is good to meet you---so to speak. I actually came across your blog via Google several months ago when I was first visited by the IA fairy. It was actually you blog that inspired me to start one of my own. So thank you for the inspiration. If there is anything you need from Baghdad, just let me know.