Monday, April 24, 2006

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the pain

The good thing about military air flights is that you have a dedicated airplane that takes you exactly where you want to go. The bad thing about military air flights is that you have a dedicated airplane that can sometimes break. After a 5-hour delay in our departure, we finally left South Carolina, making a fuel stop in St. Johns, Newfoundland. It was relatively uneventful (we had to all get off the plane for an hour) but I noted it was one of those odd places in the world with a half-hour time-zone. It was 1 1/2 hours later than Eastern time. I decided not to try to reset my watch. I have moved my watch forward 6 hours now, from 2am to 8am, as we have arrived in Rota, Spain for a 24-hour delay for "crew rest". I could use some rest, too. Even though I slept most of the flight from Canada, I'm still worn out from the air travel. Next stop: Kuwait!

No comments: