Thursday, October 12, 2006

Election Season

I’m sure everyone back home has tired of political commercials by now.  That’s one benefit of being deployed, not having to watch them, except when they are nasty enough to get extra publicity on the news broadcasts.

 

AFN does show their fair share of fake political ads, though, to help keep us in the campaign mood and remind us to vote.  There’s an ad for a bag of leaves, and a relish packet, and a few other well-done commercials.  Sometimes I wonder if a bag of leaves might do better in congress than some of the current representatives.  But I digress.

 

I still haven’t received my absentee ballot, but hopefully it will arrive soon.  Just in case, I printed out one of the “Federal Write In” ballots.  Last time I used one of those, my real ballot came in the next day, so I think I’ll try to be a bit more patient this time.

No comments: