Thursday, August 24, 2006

The only thing constant is change

I think the moral of the story is "be careful what you ask for." I've spent the day figuring out how to handle some interesting news that came my way this morning... soon I'll be moving to another base. More details in time as things play out, but the bottom line is that I'm needed elsewhere, and it actually answers some of the "complaints" I've been making earlier. Serves me right, I guess. It's nice to feel needed, but it's frustrating at some level... just when I finally had got things settled and comfortable in my current "home". The first thing I thought of when I got the news was that I wouldn't be able to take over the music team at church like I'd been setting up to do. Fortunately, they found out just today that the incoming chaplain for one of the units just arriving is also a guitarist, so perhaps the day is saved. Now they just need to find another keyboard player. So anyway, although this coming week was supposed to be a breather before things got busy again, I'll now be busy simultaneously getting things set up for my own move, as well as making sure things are going to run smoothly for the guy stepping into my shoes.

No comments: