Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

All right, I admit there are still 93 shopping days until Christmas, but the subject refers to the fact that I managed to pick up (free) a lovely 24-inch tall tree from someone who’s getting ready to head home.  I’ll be prepared for the holiday season when it arrives!

 

Today’s more important calendar event, immediately following yesterday’s new moon, is the first sighting of the crescent moon marking the beginning of the month of Ramadan.  In previous years, this has had an effect on violence around here, so obviously we are paying close attention to it.

 

It’s been a month since I first found out about shifting bases, and that month has seemed to go by much more quickly than those before.  I guess there’s some truth to the idea that keeping interested and busy helps pass the time.  In that vein I’m getting involved in yet another fun (for me) and useful (for the military) analysis and programming project.  If nothing else, this tour is helping me expand my skills that might be of use later.  Can’t complain too much about that!

 

No comments: