Monday, September 25, 2006

Ramadan started... or did it?

I’m not sure whether I should be amused or worried, but apparently there are at least two different schedules being followed for Ramadan now.  I mentioned in my last post that the first sighting of the crescent moon in the evening would signal the start of Ramadan the next day.  Of course, it’s tricky to catch it before it immediately sets.  Apparently the Sunni Muslims had the necessary two clerics see the moon and declare that Ramadan began Saturday.  The Sunni, of course, must not have been watching as carefully, and claim that Ramadan starts Sunday.

 

In other news, Army won their game this weekend and Navy lost, so the deputy commanding officer is going to have a whole week to make fun of me.  At least I can be hopeful that the imminent Bronco game will turn out better.  It hasn’t started yet as of this posting.. .they will be showing it tape delayed tomorrow and I’m debating whether I want to know the results or not.  Guess it could save on a little bit of stress.

 

No comments: