Monday, December 04, 2006

New Blogger Version

We interrupt this daily update of life in Iraq with a few technical notes.

First off, every time I log in to post, Blogger is nagging me to upgrade to the new version. It promises I won’t lose anything and that the blog will look the same. I’ll probably do that tomorrow sometime, but if the place disappears briefly, blame Google, who I think is in charge of Blogger. They’re pretty much in charge of everything these days.

As a second note, I’ll remind readers that you can get my updates in multiple forms. You can read the blog on the web, you can sign up to have it delivered to your email box when I post, or you can subscribe to the RSS feed. The email delivery uses yahoogroups which is less than reliable… I have noticed delays of several hours to even a day or more in the last few days. But such is the price for to-your-mailbox convenience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan,

I was a little skeptical about switching to the new version as well, but I have to say...it was for the most part painless....Just so you know you will lose your counters and have to post them again and I lost my counter too. Other than a few minor format fixes it went smoothly...

Kym