Sunday, December 10, 2006

One sock short

Anyone who’s ever owned a washing machine is familiar with the mystery of missing socks.  Laundry in Iraq is no exception, as I have one mismatched sock floating around in my wardrobe.  I figure it’s just a matter of time until I lose another one and will have an even number again.

 

But being that it’s the Christmas season, socks have a whole new meaning.  In our office area, someone has gone to the trouble of hanging up dozens of Christmas stockings, each labeled with the name of one of the officers or soldiers who works in our section.  Everyone’s there, except me, a discrepancy I noted with amusement today.  Someone commented they think they have some baby socks somewhere to take care of that.  Yep… still sore losers from the Army-Navy game.

 

No comments: