Saturday, July 08, 2006

All in for a quarter

Has another week gone by already? This was a busier week than usual, although probably because of either staying up all night on Wednesday or the catching up on sleep on the other days coupled with the normal workload. In any case, I'm amazed that it's the weekend yet again. Speaking of elapsed time being amazing, I checked my time tracking spreadsheet today and realized I just crossed a good milestone... a quarter of the way through my deployment! Yay! Only three more like it and I'll be home.

Speaking of quarters, I finally managed to find the weekly poker game! Note that this was difficult, since technically gambling is illegal here. Texas Hold 'Em is apparently the game of choice, and it took me a while to catch on, as I kept losing at the beginning, and was going to quit, but was convinced to stay... and did a lot better. Of course, we were just playing for chips, and fun. Not gambling. Nope, that would be against the rules. We did all chip in to buy the snacks, and at the end some of us got back some money because we put in too much. Somehow I ended up with a few dollars more than I started. Such is life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dan! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Take care,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Yay! Now you can play Hold-em with me when you get back!!!

I can't believe how fast this is going. A quarter of the way already - you'll be home in no time. :)