Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Subject to change without notice

I'm not sure what I had planned to do today, but instead of whatever productive work could have been done, I spent the day acting and reacting to a series of schedule changes. A VIP (Army 2-star) was in the area visiting and his itinerary changed by-the-minute. I was one of the many links in a chain of phone calls/emails between those changing the schedule and those providing services at the various locations the general was visiting. It was frustrating to say the least. Near the end of the day, a visit to one location was cancelled, and I called off the soldiers prepared to provide assistance there. An hour later, that visit was turned back on again, or at least they attempted to. It's a lot easier to turn something off than back on. After a series of phone calls, it was back off again, but this time blaming me/us for not supporting, rather than blaming the person who told me that part was cancelled. ARRGH!! AFN is showing a movie tonight called Under the Tuscan Sun. I haven't watched much TV since actually getting one, but this movie looks neat... and Italy is on my list of places to visit someday. So I think I'll relax and de-stress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»