Monday, July 03, 2006

Patches

Today is lucky enough to be a Monday and a Friday at the same time! (That's some real fun with time zones, eh?) Actually, since tomorrow is the 4th of July, all the daily meetings have been cancelled. We're still going to do all the rest of the work we normally do (and had a few extra long meetings today to prepare) but it should be a nice relaxing time. I've been meaning to post our command logo here for you to look at for a while. I finally got around to doing it. Here's the JCCS-1 logo. I think it's pretty cool, although I might quibble with the color choices. (I've seen a blue version that I like better.) Our organization is part of a larger counter-IED group called "Task Force Troy". And as you can see below, they have a really cool logo, especially for people like me who spent some of their formative years reading "Mad" magazine and enjoying the "Spy vs. Spy" comic series. I actually purchased this colorful patch to sew on to... well, something when I get home. (P.S. We're the guys in white!) No fireworks planned that I know of, but they are going to show "Superman Returns" at the theatre. I've heard he no longer fights for the American Way (it's now just Truth, Justice, and all that stuff) so I'm not sure how good a fit it is for Independence Day, but it's better than a meeting.

1 comment:

theprez98 said...

Dan,

Another blog to add to your list.
"The Chronicles of Narmya", my wife gets credit for the title :-)
http://themikeblogger.blogspot.com/

Been blogging since Fort Jackson when we were exchanging emails.

Mike