Monday, July 17, 2006

Lost and Found

This was one of the best Mondays of my life. Mainly because I found the coffee cup that I lost last Friday. Do you have any idea how hard it was to get through the weekend without my coffee cup? Gatorade just doesn't do it. Even the coca cola that KBR charges $45/case for (but we get free) wasn't providing enough caffeine. Ah, life is normal again. The work load is a little lighter this week, just picking up a few loose ends (or loose beans?) from last week. It's giving me a chance to organize my mailbox and file folders. Now when I'm done with that, who knows what I'll find to pass the time. Someone showed me a list of acronyms today, that we pretty much use on a daily basis around here. I was surprised how many terms I know and use, that I was totally unfamiliar with a few months ago. There is one acronym that I use daily that I still can't remember what it stands for: CULT. I'd tell you what it meant if I could remember. It does prompt lots of jokes. Actually, even not using acronyms prompts jokes. I was telling the staff we'd be fielding terminators for some of their equipment and movie jokes came from everywhere. They wanted to know if the Predator fielding was next. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try "Common-user land transortation".

My reference is http://www.fas.org/news/reference/lexicon/acc.htm

Anonymous said...

No, I think Credit Union League of Thailand is funnier and prompts many more jokes around our office than the other one- Choice Unit of Liliputian Talliers

Anonymous said...

Well, now that I know Chiocolate Unicorn Like Tabasco, no problem.

Anonymous said...

Can't Uniforms Look Tacky? I think Changing Uniform Lines and Tailoring will allow Comms to Undo Lifestyle Tactics.

Anonymous said...

Could Uniforms List Tirelessly? Can Uncleaned Latrines Twinkle, Claining Unilateral Light Tiles?