Saturday, June 17, 2006

Basic Training

No, the title of this post has absolutely nothing to do with boot camp. I have been working on a data analysis project associated with my job, and finally got down today to the nitty gritty of actually trying to get Microsoft Excel to do some more advanced things, which involved delving into the wonderful world of Visual Basic programming. Those who know me will not be surprised to learn that with a few searches on Google and a few experiments and searches of Excel's Help functionality (I even smiled at Clippy, the paperclip), I managed to do exactly what I wanted to do. I guess I can say I've learned yet another programming language. Although I can't see that it's very much different than others I've used... but I have learned how to implement it. And that's fun for me. I know, I'm a complete geek, but hey. One has to do what one has to do. My project is moving swimmingly along, and that's a good note on which to end the day, and the week, as I enjoy my half-day weekend tomorrow morning.

No comments: