Monday, June 12, 2006

Big things come in small packages

I was surprised this morning to receive a rather large box in the mail! I've been referring to it today (in a very bragging manner) as the MOACP. That's Mother Of All Care Packages. While my wife was visiting family a week ago, they all got together and made up care packages, which all got shipped in the same box. I still haven't had time to go through it all, but I'm quite excited about it all! It's all very much appreciated! (Checking the postmark, it took exactly 7 days to get here!) But one of the most welcome items in the package took up only a small amout of space. A small book of drawings, lovingly colored on by my son. I have a considerable collection of artwork now to decorate my walls. *proud dad look* In other news, I sold the TV I repaired to another Navy guy, and bought a used bicycle today from someone getting ready to leave next month. It needs a little TLC, but it's workable and I'm sure will serve its purpose of getting me around the base faster than walking.

No comments: