Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Going Batty

Finally something interesting happened! I was enjoying some of the nice cool (in the 90s) evening air in the courtyard of the building where I work, and chatting with one of the other officers on the staff, when we were suddenly, and without warning, assaulted by bats! I had seen the evidence of some creature (I think the bat term is 'guano') but had dismissed it as birds until I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Needless to say, I hoofed it indoors pretty quickly after that. Other than that, not that much has happened. I went shopping to buy the appropriate safety accessories for my bicycle (helmet, headlight and taillight, and lock) which, ironically, cost me more than the bike itself. Go figure! And in the rest of m time I've been toying with my spreadsheet program and Visual Basic, getting even more dangerous than I was before. My working prototype is already turning heads, and I'm adding bells and whistles to make it even snazzier. Some of the comments I've had are "you've got too much free time." But it is part of my job, really! I have definitely gotten past my initial excitement over the food, and I am starting to partake of the occasional ice cream (yes, Baskin Robbins) for dessert, just to mix it up a little. I think I've earned it!

No comments: