Monday, June 19, 2006

Busy and Fun

I realized sometime during the day today that I hadn't posted an update for yesterday. While I did have some time off, the main reason is probably that I just got caught up in my project that I'm working on in Excel. Those who know me know that when I get involved in a coding project (and that's essentially what this is), I tend to really get into it! The good news is that I've made great progress and got lots of things done with it. The bad news is... well, obviously you missed a day's reading about me. But I'm sure you'll get over it, and the world will be a better place for the work I'm doing. It is actually fun work that I'm doing now, and useful skills that I can bring home with me after this tour. And, like everything else around here, when I keep busy doing work, time just zips on by. I did take a break from work to watch a movie tonight. (The Break Up, if you must know. We all decided it was a definite chick flick, but a bad movie is better than a good meeting at work.) There was a mortar attack while we were in the theater. It's kind of nice to know you're sheltered and the safest thing to do is continue watching the flick! We discussed, and felt sorry for, some of our fellow Navy guys at some of the other bases who are not in as comfortable conditions as we are. And speaking of comfortable conditions, I think I'll head back to my comfortable hooch and catch some sleep so I can program more efficiently tomorrow!

No comments: