Thursday, June 29, 2006

Camouflage

Whew! I almost finally crawled out of the office a second consecutive night forgetting to post an update. Don't want you all to start worrying about me! The weekend is approaching and I'm actually trying to get stuff done ahead of deadline this time. That means that Wednesdays and Thursdays have become my busiest days. Things should let up tomorrow, though, as we approach the slow weekend days. The temperatures are warming up, approaching 120 most days. I'm spending a lot of time in the air conditioning. I've started delaying my dinner meal until about 7 or 7:30 in the evening, when it actually is a nice "comfortable" 108 or so. For today's picture, we'll look closely at the water tower situated about midway between where I work, eat, and sleep. In other words, I'm always close to this thing. It, along with many other structures on base (including aircraft hangars), has an interesting camouflage scheme. It's painted a sort of light blue, with yellow puzzle-piece shaped splotches on it. I really wonder who designed it and if it's supposed to blend into... the sky, maybe? Or perhaps they just had extra yellow paint? I suppose we'll never know.

No comments: